A fun Christmas activity combining grammar and creative writing with an interesting Christmas craft!
The aims of the activity are:
- To practise the 2nd conditional.
- To practise the verbs of senses.
- To engage in creative writing.
- To have fun creating an impressive Christmas craft.
The materials that we need are:
- Black paper (canson type) or whatever colour you like.
- Plastic bowls.
- The writing template (on the internet).
- A small photo of each student.
- Coloured pencils or crayons.
- Artificial snow.
We put the bowl and the template together and we cut the canson paper accordingly or let the students do it! We hand out the template and students stick it to the bottom. We read the sentences and elicit answers. We can write some suggestions on the board for weaker students. We read the sentences and elicit answers. We can write some suggestions on the board for weaker students. Then, students write their answers, stick their photo in the middle of the snowglobe and draw a Christmas scenery. Alternatively they can draw themselves on a piece of paper. Finally, we put some snow in the middle and glue the plastic bowl. Our snowglobes are ready! We can display them in the form of a Christmas tree on the school notice board.